All-State Youth Choir
July 15 – 22, 2018
North Carolina Baptist Churches
Supporting and encouraging youth choir ministry in North Carolina churches by offering worship and discipleship through performance opportunities, musical development and leadership development while striving for excellence in musicianship, resulting in changed lives.
Those selected for the North Carolina Baptist All-State Youth Choir (ASYC) are invited to participate in a week-long retreat and tour scheduled for July 15-22, 2018. The choir presents concerts and is involved in missions projects throughout the week.
Below is the schedule of church worship/concerts for this summer:
- Wednesday, July 18, 7:00 PM, Butler Chapel @ Campbell University
- Thursday, July 19, 7:00 PM, Winter Park Baptist, Wilmington
- Friday, July 20, 7:00 PM, First Baptist, Huntersville
- Saturday, July 21, 5:00 PM, First Baptist, Morganton
- Sunday AM, July 22, 10:45 AM, Ardmore Baptist, Winston-Salem
- Sunday PM, July 22, 6:00 PM, First Baptist, Greensboro
Concerts are free and open to the public (general seating, no tickets or prior registration needed to attend).
The director for the 2018 tour is Kenney Potter. To see his bio, please click here.
Students audition for the opportunity to be part of the choir. Auditions for 2018 are completed, and auditions for 2019 are scheduled for the first two Saturdays of February at several churches across the state. Please check this page again in December or early January for more information and for an application..
The Audition Flyer in the Downloads section below shows the Audition Format. Once a student has auditioned, a final selection is made based on the points received from the audition and the TWO recommendation forms. If a student meets the qualifications, the student receives an official invitation to join the ASYC (near March 15th).
Once a student new to All-State has auditioned, a final selection is made based on the points received from the audition and two recommendation forms that the student submits. If a student meets the qualifications, the student receives an official invitation to join the ASYC.
TO-DO LIST FOR ACCEPTED STUDENTS:
- Student completes ONLINE Student Info Form by April 27 (link below)
- Student photo is needed by April 27
- Parent prints and completes and notarizes Health Form & signs Photo Permission by April 27 (form is below under Downloads)
- Pay deposit by April 27 (payment button for credit card payment is below under Cost)
- Pay any remainder by May 18
The deposit towards the tour participation fee and all forms plus photo are due by April 27 (postmarked), and this will officially reserve the student's spot in the choir. The deposit is half of the full fee. A completed, notarized Health Form is required, or the student cannot go on the tour. A completed Student Information Form (online) and a photo are also required by April 27. Here is the link to the student info form:
The Tour Participation Fee is $500 per student and includes tour lodging, tour meals, bus travel during the tour, three shirts, a packet of music shipped to each student, a tour booklet / packet, family group and whole group tour photos, and a CD recorded live the last night of the tour.
To Pay: There are two ways to pay.
- Online by Credit Card. See payment button below. Please pay a deposit of $250 by April 27. Or, you can pay the whole amount of $500.
- By mail with a check. Make your check payable to BSCNC or Baptist State Convention of NC and mail to the address below. The deposit is $250. The whole amount is $500. Include a note with the name(s) of the student(s) with your check so that we post the payment to the correct student(s). You can also write the student name(s) on the memo line of the check. Your envelope needs to be postmarked by April 27.
Mailing Address: Worship & Music, Baptist State Convention, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512.
- A note about scholarships that churches may award to students: If a student's church promises to award a scholarship that is a different amount from the $250 deposit, we will waive the requirement that the student pay exactly $250 as their deposit. The student's responsibility is to pay the remainder by the deadline. There was an email with more details that was sent to participants about this on March 26.
The deadline for the total $500 balance due is May 18 (postmarked). Music packets will be mailed to students once we receive all the music AND once we have received the student's completed forms, photo, and payment of all fees. We anticipate the music to be ready to send anytime from late-May to early June.
Please note that whole-amount refunds of fees may not be available except for events canceled by the Worship & Music Department of the Baptist State Convention or after discussion by the ASYC Planning Team on a case-by-case basis.
Important Note: All correspondence to students, their parents, and Ministers of Music is by EMAIL. Participants, please make sure the Worship & Music office has your current, working email ... one that is checked OFTEN!