There are currently no events.
Deep Impact Kids
This collegiate mission opportunity is a ministry sponsored by Baptists on Mission also known as N.C. Baptist Men (NCBM) and offers students the opportunity to be a key part of making Deep Impact (DI) children’s weeks a success.
There are three types of staff positions available for four summer missionaries with DI Kids. Summer missionaries will help maintain and run the DI Kids camps and assist with Deep Impact camps throughout the summer. These four summer missionaries plus our assistant director will comprise the DI Kids Staff. Staff members must be spiritually mature and growing as a Christian.
The DI Kids summer calendar consists of a training week and five DI Kids camps over an eight-week period. Some weeks will combine DI and DI Kids staff members. Salary is $210 per week plus lodging and most meals. DI Kids staff will travel to Puerto Rico as DI staff for a week. In addition, a training weekend will be held in the spring at the Red Springs Missions Camp. A complete explanation of summer work weeks and other details will be explained at the summer mission’s interview weekend.
Available Deep Impact Kids Positions
Campus Life/Children’s Ministry Coordinator (one position)
The Campus Life/Children and Senior Adult Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Manage camp aspects of DI Kids.
- Organize free time afternoon activities.
- Setup and breakdown of free time activities.
- Keep the camp information board updated.
- Train all sports related mission project teams.
- Train all children’s related mission project teams.
- Train all senior adult related mission project teams.
- Maintain supplies and materials for children and senior adult team.
- Maintain DI trailers.
- Rotate mission sites as needed.
Worship Leadership (2 positions)
The Worship Leadership will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate with each worship speaker.
- Manage all music and video for worship, and manage the flow of worship.
- Maintain all sound and stage equipment.
- Set-up/take down of equipment.
- Train other staff members in running all sound and lighting equipment during worship.
- Lead worship and morning motivational time (AM wake up).
- Travel to mission sites, take pictures for social media as needed.
(A DVD of performance skills in instrument/voice must be sent by December 31 for the following year to: Dollie Noa, North Carolina Baptist on Mission, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512.)
High School Intern (one position)
The high school intern will work for a minimum of six weeks of the eight-week summer camp session. This person will be a helper in all positions including the following:
- Assist with sound and power points for worship.
- Work in our snack canteen and help maintain and inventory all items.
- Help all staff in registration on the first day.
- Help with social media platforms.
Dollie Noa / firstname.lastname@example.org / (800) 395-5102 ext. 5598