There are currently no events.
Deep Impact Kids
This collegiate mission opportunity is a ministry sponsored by Baptists On Mission/North Carolina Baptist Men and offers students the opportunity to be a key part of making Deep Impact Missions youth weeks and DI Kids children’s weeks a success.
There are 4 types of staff positions available for 10 summer missionaries with Deep Impact Missions and DI Kids. Summer missionaries will help maintain and run the Deep Impact Missions and DI Kids camps throughout the summer. These 10 summer missionaries plus our assistant directors will comprise the Deep Impact and DI Kids Staff.
The Deep Impact Missions/DI Kids summer calendar consists of a training week with 11 Deep Impact and 4 DI Kids projects over a nine-week period. Salary is $210 per week plus lodging and most meals. Some weeks will combine DI and DI Kids Staff members but most weeks the DI Kids staff and DI Staff will be leading their respective camps. DI Kids staff will travel to Philadelphia as DI staff for a week. In addition, a training weekend will be held in the spring at the Red Springs Missions Camp. A complete explanation of summer work weeks and other details will be explained at the summer mission’s interview weekend.
Available Deep Impact Kids Positions
Campus Life/Children’s Ministry Coordinator (1 position)
The Campus Life/Children and Senior Adult Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Camp” aspects of DI Kids
- Organize free time afternoon activities
- Setup and breakdown of free time activities
- Keep the camp information board updated
- Train all sports related mission project teams
- Train all children’s related mission project teams
- Train all senior adult related mission project teams
- Maintain supplies and materials for children and senior adult teams
- Maintain Deep Impact trailers
- Rotate mission sites as needed
Worship Leadership (2 positions)
The Worship Leadership will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating with each worship speaker
- All music and video for worship and the flow of worship
- Maintain all sound and stage equipment
- Set-up/take down of equipment
- Training other staff members in running all sound and lighting equipment during worship
- Lead worship and morning motivational time (AM wake up)
- Travel to mission sites, taking pictures for social media as needed (A DVD of performance skills in instrument/voice must be sent by December 31 for the following year to: Dollie Noa, North Carolina Baptist Men, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512)
Dollie Noa / [email protected] / (800) 395-5102 ext. 5598