There are currently no events.
This collegiate mission opportunity is a ministry sponsored by Baptists on Mission also known as N.C. Baptist Men (NCBM) and offers students the opportunity to be a key part of making Deep Impact Missions’ youth weeks a success.
There are five types of staff positions available for nine summer missionaries with Deep Impact Missions. Summer missionaries will help maintain and run the Deep Impact Missions camps throughout the summer. These nine summer missionaries, plus our assistant director and project coordinator will comprise the Deep Impact staff. Staff members must be spiritually mature and a growing Christian.
The Deep Impact Missions summer calendar consists of a training week with 11 Deep Impact camps over an eight-week period. The salary is $210 per week plus lodging and most meals. Some weeks will combine DI and DI Kids Staff members. Four members of the DI staff will travel to Honduras and the other four DI Staff will travel to Cuba. Each DI staff member will be asked to pay $500 towards the cost of their trip to Honduras or Cuba. In addition, a training weekend will be held in the spring at the Red Springs Missions Camp. A complete explanation of summer work weeks and other details will be explained at the summer mission’s interview weekend.
Available Deep Impact Positions
Campus Life Coordinator (one position)
The Campus Life Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Manage camp aspects of Deep Impact.
- Organize free time afternoon activities.
- Set-up and breakdown of free time activities.
- Keep the camp information board updated.
- Train all sports related mission project teams.
Children's Ministry Coordinator (one position)
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Train all children’s related mission project teams.
- Maintain supplies and materials for children’s teams.
- Maintain Deep Impact trailers.
- Rotate children’s mission sites as needed.
Worship Leadership (four positions)
The Worship Leadership will be responsible for the following:·
- Communicating with each worship speaker
- All music and video for worship and the flow of worship
- Maintain all sound and stage equipment
- Set-up/take down of equipment
- Training other staff members in running all sound and lighting equipment during worship
- Lead worship
- Travel to mission sites, taking pictures for social media as needed (A DVD of performance skills in instrument/voice must be sent by December 31 for the following year to: Tom Beam, North Carolina Baptist Men, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512)
Office Manager (one position)
The Office Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Will handle all moneys and receipts, including travel expenses, canteen, mission offering, etc.
- Maintain the campus mail and canteen
- Will be main point of contact for registration at each location as well as the gathering of any information from the youth leaders that is needed to make the week flow more easily
- Responsible for communicating to youth leaders and will be the main point of contact for these leaders
High School Intern (one position)
The high school intern will work for a minimum of six weeks of the eight-week summer camp session. This person will be a helper in all positions including the following:
- Assist with sound and power points for worship.
- Work in our snack canteen and help maintain and inventory all items.
- Help all staff in registration on the first day.
- Help with social media platforms.