Youth Bible Drill
is for youth in grades 7-9. Youth Bible Drill includes three numbered cycles which rotate during a three-year period. Youth should use the current cycle resources distributed by the BSCNC Bible Drill Ministry.
1. Increase their knowledge and love of the Bible and to use this knowledge in living their life with Christ.
2. Develop skills in locating Bible books and Scripture verses.
3. Memorize verses dealing with doctrinal and ethical concerns.
4. Develop skills in the proper handling of the Bible.
Divisions of a Youth Drill:
- Book Drill - Learn the names of and be able to locate the 66 books of the Bible in their proper order
- Scripture Searching Drill - Be able to locate any given verse in the Bible.
- Identifying Verses Drill - Recognize phrases from and be able to locate the 10 verses listed under the Identifying Verses Drill in the current Youth Bible Drill resources.
- Doctrinal Drill - Be able to locate the Bible verses for each doctrinal statement listed under the Doctrinal Drill in the current Youth Bible Drill resources.
- Bible Answers Drill - Be able to locate and quote from memory the Bible verses for each question listed under the Bible Answers Drill in the current Youth Bible Drill resources.
If a youth participates in Youth Bible Drill for three years, he or she has the opportunity to learn 60 Bible Verses, 30 Doctrinal Statements, as well as the names and sequence of the 66 books of the Bible. They also learn to use scripture to answer life questions and will be able to locate scripture verses and passages quickly.