All-State Youth Choir
July 16 – 23, 2017
North Carolina Baptist Churches
Supporting and encouraging youth choir ministry in North Carolina churches by offering worship and discipleship through performance opportunities, musical development and leadership development while striving for excellence in musicianship, resulting in changed lives.
Those selected for the North Carolina Baptist All-State Youth Choir (ASYC) are invited to participate in a week-long retreat and tour scheduled for July 16-23, 2017. The choir presents concerts and is involved in missions projects throughout the week. This year's theme is "I Am Not My Own," 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
The 2017 concert locations are below. Concerts are free and open to the public (general seating, no tickets or prior registration needed to attend.) Please check back later for start times.
- Wednesday, July 19 - Pritchard Memorial Baptist, Charlotte
- Thursday, July 20 - First Baptist, Southern Pines
- Friday, July 21 - Pitts Baptist, Concord
- Saturday, July 22 - First Baptist, Albemarle
- Sunday morning, July 23 - First Baptist, Mooresville
- Sunday evening, July 23 - First Baptist, Greensboro
Students will be housed at Wingate University during tour week this year. The arrival time will be sent out later but will be late afternoon on Sunday, July 16.
The director for the 2017 tour is Bethany Jennings, Choral Director at Stuart W. Cramer High School in Belmont, NC, where her interests in the classroom include music literacy and assessment and integrating technology.
Students new to All-State Youth Choir must currently be in grades 9 through 12 and audition for the opportunity to be part of the choir. Auditions for 2017 are completed, and auditions for 2018 are scheduled for the first two Saturdays of February at several churches across the state. Please check this page again in December for more information and for an application link.
A list of students accepted into the 2017 All-State Youth Choir is posted below under Downloads. All correspondence to students is by email, and accepted students, parents, and their Ministers of Music received details by email on what to do next on March 24, 2017. The To-Do List is below.
TO-DO LIST for Accepted Students:
--Student completes ONLINE Student Info Form by April 28 (see orange button below)
--Parent prints and completes and notarizes Health Form & Photo Permission by April 28 (see form under Downloads).
--Student photo needed by April 28
--Pay fees (to pay by credit card, click the orange button below)
--Pay deposit of $250 by April 28
--Pay remainder by May 19.
--Make reminders on your calendar / smart phone BEFORE the deadlines of April 28 and May 19.
The Tour Participation Fee is $500 per student. The Participation Fee includes tour lodging, tour meals, bus travel during the tour, three shirts, a packet of music shipped to each student, a tour booklet / packet, family group and whole group tour photos, and a CD recorded live the last night of the tour.
To Pay: There are two ways to pay.
- Online by credit card. See orange payment button below. Please pay the deposit of $250 by April 28. Or, you can pay the whole amount of $500. These amounts, along with the balance due of $250 are the only ones available online by credit card. if your church wans to offer you a particl scholarship that does not match the $250 amount, please ask them to send a check, and then you can send a check for the remainder. As long as you pay the totals neeed by the due dates, you can pay any amount by check.
- By mail with a check. Make your check payable to BSCNC and mail to the address below. The deposit is $250. The whole amount if $500. Include a note with the name(s) of the student(s) with your check so that we post the payment to the correst student(s). You can also write the student name(s) on the memo line of the check. Your envelope needs to be postmarked by April 28.
Mail to: Worship & Music, Baptist State Convention, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512.
The deadline for the BALANCE DUE is May 19. Music packets will be mailed to students once we receive all the music AND once we have received the student's completed forms, photo, and payment of all fees. We anticipate the music to be ready to send sometime in mid to late May.
Important Note: All correspondence to students, their parents, and Ministers of Music is by EMAIL. Please make sure the Worship & Music office has your current, working email ... one that is checked OFTEN!