All-State Youth Choir
July 17 – 24, 2016
North Carolina Baptist Churches
Those selected for the North Carolina Baptist All-State Youth Choir (ASYC) are invited to participate in a week-long retreat and tour scheduled for July 17-24, 2016. The choir presents concerts and is involved in missions projects throughout the week. This year's theme is "Act Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly." "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God" Micah 6:8.
The director for the 2016 tour is Dr. Nana Wolfe-Hill, Associate Director of Choral Activities and Assistant Professor at Wingate University where she conducts two choirs and teaches both choral conducting and music education courses.
Here are the 2016 concert locations and times:
Wednesday evening, July 20, OASIS event at Campbell University, 7:00pm
Thursday evening, July 21, Oakmont Baptist, Greenville, 7:00pm
Friday evening, July 22, Winter Park Baptist, Wilmington, 7:00pm
Saturday evening, July 23, First Baptist, Cary, 6:00pm
Sunday morning, July 24, Cedar Falls Baptist, Fayetteville, 11:00am
Sunday evening, July 24, Hayes Barton Baptist, Raleigh, 6:00pm
Concerts are free and open to the public (general seating, no tickets or prior registration needed to attend).
Please click here to see a short video of what ASYC is all about! This video was recorded during our 2013 tour.
Supporting and encouraging youth choir ministry in North Carolina churches by offering worship and discipleship through performance opportunities, musical development and leadership development while striving for excellence in musicianship, resulting in changed lives.
Students audition for the opportunity to be part of the choir. Auditions for 2016 are completed, and auditions for 2017 are scheduled for the first two Saturdays of February at several churches across the state. Please check this page again in December for more information and for an application.
A list of students accepted into the 2016 All-State Youth Choir is below under Downloads. All correspondence to students is by email, and accepted students, parents, and their Ministers of Music received details by email on what to do next on March 24, 2016.
TO-DO LIST for Accepted Students:
- Student completes the ONLINE Student Info Form by April 22 (link below)
- Parent prints and completes and notarizes Health Form & Photo Permission by April 22 (see form under Downloads)
- Student photo needed by April 22
- Pay deposit of $250 by April 22 (payment button below)
- Pay any remainder by May 13
The deposit towards the tour participation fee and all forms are due April 22, and this will officially reserve the student's spot in the choir. The deposit is half of the full fee. A completed, notarized Health Form is required, or the student cannot go on the tour. A completed Student Information Form (online) and a photo are also required by April 22. Here is the link to the student info form:
The Tour Participation Fee is $500 per student. The Participation Fee includes tour lodging, tour meals, bus travel during the tour, family group and whole group tour photos, and a CD recorded live the last night of the tour.
To Pay: There are two ways to pay.
- Online by credit card. See payment button below. Please pay a deposit of $250 by April 22. Or, you can pay the whole amount of $500. These amounts, along with the balance due of $250, are the only ones available online by credit card. If your church wants to offer you a partial scholarship that does not match the $250 amount, please ask them to send a check, and then you can send a check for the remainder. As long as you pay the totals needed by the due dates, you can pay in any amount by check.
- By mail with a check. Make your check payable to BSCNC and mail to the address below. The deposit is $250. The whole amount is $500. Include a note with the name(s) of the student(s) with your check so that we post the payment to the correct student(s). You can also write the student name(s) on the memo line of the check. Your envelope needs to be postmarked by April 22.
Mail to: Worship & Music, Baptist State Convention, P O Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512.
The deadline for the BALANCE DUE is May 13. Music packets will be mailed to students once we receive all the music AND once we have received the student's completed forms, photo, and payment of all fees. We anticipate the music to be ready to send sometime in mid to late May.