helps churches in North Carolina become more proactive in ministering to the Hispanic people living among them. Hispanics are the fastest growing minority in the United States and comprise nearly 10 percent of North Carolina's population.
Hispanics are the largest and fastest growing minority in the United States with more than 50 millions Hispanics calling the U.S. home. They come to the United States from more than 20 different countries and places as far as Europe, the Caribbean, and North, Central and South America. More Hispanics live in the United States than in the six Central American countries combined. We are the second largest Spanish speaking country in the world, second only to Mexico. Hispanics are scattered across our nation in rural, coastal and urban areas. Unfortunately, they are also one of the least evangelized groups in our midst.
We work in partnership with local Baptist associations, LifeWay and the North American Mission Board in coordinating these efforts. Antonio Santos also works directly with Hispanic churches, providing pastors with leadership training, Sunday School training, small group discipleship training and mission opportunities. We coordinate regional and statewide training events for our pastors and music leaders. Please partner with us in doing the following:
- Praying for a genuine desire of our churches to reach Hispanics
- Praying for God to open doors for contacts and ministry
- Learning about Hispanics who live in your community
- Demonstrating Christ’s love to Hispanics with words and actions
Be willing to risk, which means doing whatever it takes to reach this ever-growing segment of the population with the message of Christ.
Guillermo Soriano also serves North Carolina Baptists in Hispanic ministry, with special focus on the following:
- Connecting families with families through God's gifts of language and culture
- Developing intentional evangelistic Kingdom leadership
- Engaging youth and young adults in retreats to reach other young people for Christ
- Building evangelistic networks for intentional evangelistic partnerships with churches, associations and denominational family to reach our cities with the gospel
- Serving as a resource for a better understanding of the multicultural challenge in our communities